Buffalo hunt question

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Capt Henry

Buffalo hunt question

Post by Capt Henry »

I am planning a buffalo hunt toward the end of the year and was wondering if anyone here has used Sandhills Outfitters in Nebraska?
#1 Sporter 45-70, semi-fancy wood, 30 inch barrel, shotgun butt with traditional steel butt plate. pewter tip. (buffler thumper)
fireman

Post by fireman »

There are some pics of buffalo hunts in the sandhills on Shiloh's website in their Trophy Room link. I am not sure if they are with the outfitter you are talking about though. Hope this helps a little.
Fireman
Sporter #3 45-70 30" AA semi fancy wood.
newshooter

Post by newshooter »

I'm assuming that you've read their web information?
I found them listed under [url]www.huntingsociety.org/Nebraska.html[/url] and wasn't impressed with the amount of detail given compared to other Buffalo hunting sites I've looked at. I found three sites Sandhills, Box L and Pine Ridge (look for Budd Buffalo in that link), none of them told me much- at The Hunting Society. I would appreciate learning if this place is any good myself.
Glennsy

Rockin7 and Thousand Hills Buffalo Hunts

Post by Glennsy »

[b]I am also planning a hunt this October ('06) and have looked at the Rockin7 and Thousand Hills Buffalo ranches. Check them out to see if they offer what you are looking for. By the way if anyone out there has additional recommedations (or first hand experience ) please let me know.

Thanks
Steve[/b]
Michael Johnson

Rockin 7

Post by Michael Johnson »

Erich Lah, Carl Elliot and Myself have all had excellent bison hunts with the Rockin 7 Ranch. Thay have 160000 acres, so there is plenty of lookin and chasin to do. Very nice accomadations and excellent guides. Very much a first class operation.