Holly cow are they big

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

dm3280

Holly cow are they big

Post by dm3280 »

I went on a bison hunt back in 2004 and finally got the call to pick up the head. I live near St. Louis and the head was in southern Colorado. We just returned and for all those who are thinking of doing a hunt my suggestion is first hunt for a place on your wall to hang the mount. I have a great room with a 14 ft vaulted ceiling. This mount is even too big to hang on that wall. I had a shoulder mount done and the guy did a very nice job but wow, it is big. My wife says I can hang it in the bedroom since we also have a high vaulted ceiling. Might give me nightmares. I may have to wait until I finish the basement. To give you an idea of the size, if I hang it on the wall it is 48 inches tall about 2 ft wide and sticks out from the wall 43 inches.

I am not complaining just warning. I love it but now have to wait to find a place for it in the basement
pete

Post by pete »

dm3280;
Yea that's pretty big. I got a big bull this past december and opted for the skull and robe. We have a modular so the head mount was out of the question. Think I'll cover the house with the robe to cut down on heating costs. :roll: