Got Him!

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bulldog

Got Him!

Post by bulldog »

A shudder went down my back when I first heard him. Sort of like them hogs must feel when you see the hair on their backs stick up. Mixture of fear and surprise. Or, like when a big dog jumps out at you from behind a bush when you're absent mindly walking down the sidewalk. I hate surprises like that. Nearly killed a guy once for doing that. Jumped out from between the beds in the barracks when we were coming back from drinking. I was in the lead wit other guys close behind me and when this wise guy jumped out to spook us my hand flew up and my fingers dug into his adams apple. Wasn't my fault as it was an automatic reaction. He survived but we worried a bit as he lay gasping and choking. Well, back to the story. Here I was admiring the lines on the sharps. Not a Shiloh, but a dang nice gun never the less. Takes a real tradesman to fit that butt to the action. Without a good computerized machine I don't know how you could almost do it. Too many angles got to fit right. Anyway, I jumped straight up. I jump when copters go over, but not like some guys that were there. Also, gunshots don't bother me unless theres a bunch of them when there shouldn't be. Happens about less than once a year. The worse time it wasn't even gunshots, but firecrackes only I didn't know it. Man, it was like a cold sweat and I was sure they got me or was going to. So here I was, just waiting and dreaming, and the next thing i'm on my feet and dang near dropped my sharps. Did cut my finger on the sight, but didn't know it. The next thing I did was jump forward and sideways and half-swung the gun but the bull barrel helped stop that idea as I strted to realized what was what. The amazing thing is the dog jumped up too and nailed that horsefly quicker than I knew what it was. Any more shocks like this an I'ma going to have to go visit that new heart docter. Guess I wasn't quite ready for this warm spell and all that comes with it.
RMulhern

Got him

Post by RMulhern »

Bulldog

You really....have a lot of spare time....don't you! :lol:
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

B D ! Get out of the cabin and go into the light ! And stay there a while ! Light works wonders for Cabin Fever Patients ! And get a band aid for your finger ! And remember to hit the dirt when you hear those mortar tubes go kachunk !JAGG
JAGG
kamotz

Post by kamotz »

Yo B-Dog,tell Sasquatch I said wassup while your out there, If you see more than one sasquatchesesess in one place at a time, what would you call it? just bigfeet? :shock:
Once you shoot black, youll never go back
bulldog

Post by bulldog »

Kamotz - only saw one. 'bout 1975 or so on the side of Mt Ranier. To this day I know what I saw - something not human but like human. Ran 'bout 20-30 mph , upright, 'bout the size of a bear on hind legs but longer legs. Ran a ridge across from me in the spring when there was still plenty snow.Could it have been a wolverine running upright or ??? Saw it fer about 10-20 seconds in the afternoon on a clear day. It was too far away to feel anything but amazement. In other words it didn't scare me a bit.

Good idea - get out in the light. Ima trying to do it a bit. The glare from the snow and sun make my face turn red. Or is it the vitamins? Some joker will set me straight, no doubt. Don't know about you, but been thinking the 45-90 is the perfect cartridge. Big enough. A 45-70 is great too. Actually, if I had to get just one gun I'd get a 40-65 and learn to shoot it. - uses less lead and powder. I'm only talking black powder these days - politics is too inflamatory and disturbing to everyone. I suppose Sasquatches are too unless you saw or heard one. To me it just means an unexplained something. Thanks.